The WordPress and WooCommerce Raffle Ticket Generator plugin offers a Live Drawing/Pick a Winner feature. Via a shortcode on a WP page, you can set a time for a drawing to occur and titles and descriptions for up to 10 winners. Our plugin uses random php functions to randomly display tickets that are entered in the giveway for an amount of time that is configuration in the shortcode. Once the time has expired, the plugin randomly selects a winner or winners, depending on the configuration.
We run random tests regularly to ensure the randomness of our plugin code. For this study we had 731 Tickets for a range of orders. The ticket packages included 1, 3, 5, 10, 50 and 60 tickets. The order breakdown was as follows:
- 2 orders of 60 tickets
- 7 orders of 50 tickets
- 7 orders of 10 tickets
- 125 orders of 5 tickets
- 26 orders of 3 tickets
- 33 orders of 1 ticket
We ran 75 live drawing winner selections. Here is a list of the winners with their ticket numbers for those 75 drawings:
Of these drawings – Here is a summary of results.
- Over 75 drawings, there were 75 unique ticket winners.
No tickets duplicated in the 75 drawings.
- 60 ticket packages – 120 of 731 tickets is 16.42% of the ticket sales.
From these tickets there were 6 winners out of 75 drawings accounting for 8% of the overall winners.
- 50 ticket packages – 350 of 731 or 47.88% of the ticket sales.
From these ticket packages there were 42 winners accounting for 56% of the overall winners
- 10 ticket packages – 70 of 731 or 9.58% of the ticket sales.
From these ticket packages there were 9 winners accounting for 12% of the overall winners
- 5 ticket packages – 80 of 731 or 10.9% of the ticket sales.
From these ticket packages there were 14 winners accounting for 18.6% of the overall winners
- 3 ticket packages – 78 of 731 or 10.6% of the ticket sales.
From these ticket packages there were 4 winners accounting for 5.33% of the overall winners
- 1 ticket packages – 33 of 731 or 4.51% of total ticket sales.
There were no winners from the single tickets.