We try to take into account all the situations when creating a new edition, but it is impossible to guess all the various options. When performing an update, we recommend the following:
Important! Do not perform a live update of the plugin when you have an active raffle going on without following the steps below and thorough testing and backups.
- Setup a staging or development site. You will need this to test.
- Maintain full backups of the site and database
- On the staging site, update the plugin
- You may need to deactivate and activate the plugin to reinitialize the database fields
- Check the functionality and then process several new orders.
- Check for duplicate tickets and any anomalies.
After you have thoroughly tested all aspects, then you can update the plugin on the live site.